8 – 10 Person.
1. Mutton 2 KG, cut into small pieces (Approx: 12-14 piece/KG)
2. Bashmati Rice 1 KG
3. Potato 1 KG, small pieces
4. Sour Yogurt 1 Cup
5. Crisp Deep Fried Onion (পিয়াজ বেরেস্তা) 1.5 Cup
6. Dry Chili 10 Piece
7. Rose water 4 Tea Spoon
8. Mace (জয়ত্রী) 2 Pinch
9. Clove (লবঙ্গ) 5 Piece
10. Cinnamon Stick 4 Piece
11. Cardamom 6 Piece
12. Cumin (জিরা) 1 Table Spoon
13. Nutmeg (জয়ফল) 3 Piece
14. Ginger paste 2 Table Spoon
15. Garlic paste 4 Tea Spoon
16. Salt 6 table Spoon
17. Dried prune (আলুবোখারা) 20 Piece
18. Green Chili 30 Piece
19. Sugar 2 Table Spoon
20. Raisin (কিসমিস) 20 Piece
21. Ghee 10 Table Spoon
22. Garam Masala 2 Table Spoon
23. Vegetable oil 10 Table Spoon
24. Milk Half Litre
25. Food Color (জর্দার রং) 3 pinch
26. Whole black pepper 20 piece
27. Almond 10 Piece
28. Saffron 2 Pinch
1. Blend 1 Cup Crisp Deep Fried Onion, Dry Chili, Mace, Clove, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cumin, Nutmeg.
2. Mix the mutton with the mixture.
3. Add yogurt, Ginger paste, Garlic Paste, Sugar, Garam Masala, 2 Table Spoon Salt into it.
4. Mix well and keep in refrigerator for 12 Hour to 24 Hours.
The mixture will be look like the following image
1. In a fry pan, add 2 table spoon Ghee and 2 Table Spoon vegetable oil.
2. Mix some salt and 1 pinch food color with the potato.
3. Pre heat for couple of minutes in normal heat then add potato and fry till all sides become golden brown. (as the following pic)
4. Now in a separate bowl Add 2 table Spoon Ghee and 4 Table Spoon vegetable oil.
5. After heating oil add rice, green chili, dried prune, raisin, black pepper
6. Fry till the rice become light brown.
7. Now add boiled water (4/3 volume of rice) and milk (2/3 volume of rice). For example if the rice volume is 1 litre then milk will be 0.67 litre and water will be 1.33 litre.
8. Cook it till the rice is half done. (When the mixture start to boil)
9. Drain the water in separate bowl and keep the mixture of water and milk in another bowl.
10. Wait till rice become dry and comes to normal temperature.
11. Now in big bowl, fill the bottom layer with mutton.
12. Add fried potato on 2nd layer. (as the pic)
13. On the top add half of the rice.
14. Add half cup of Crisp Deep Fried Onion, 2 table spoon ghee.
15. Add rest of the rice.
16. Again add 2 table spoon of ghee on the top, rose water, crashed almond, 2 punch of saffron and 2 pinch of food color for decoration as the following.
17. Now add the preserved mixed of milk and water on the top of the layer and fill the void space between the layers.
18. Now seal the lid with flour dough. (as the following pic)
19. Now cook on high heat for 20-25 minutes.
20. Decrease heat and cook for another 60-80 mins.
PS: Water and milk mixture must be boiling right before applying to the rice.